Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another Good Recipe

My niece Jill called today asking for my "Gourmet Salad" recipe -- also known as Ramen Noodle Slaw, Ramen Noodle Salad, among others. I originally got this recipe from a friend at church, Janet Severance, who brought it to a church potluck.

I've seen several different versions of this recipe, but honestly think this is the best of the best. Every time I serve it, I get requests for the recipe, so since Jill called today and reminded me of it, I thought I'd post it right quick.

GOURMET SALAD, aka
RAMEN NOODLE ALMOND SALAD

1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
1 pkg. cole slaw mix ($1.49 size)
2 pkg. Ramen noodles, beef flavor
1 c. slices almonds toasted in microwave for 5 minutes (or 1 pkg. almond mix for salads)
1 c. sunflower seeds

Crush Ramen noodles. Mix all of the above including the seasoning packets from the noodles. Don’t pour dressing over until ready to serve.

DRESSING
1 c. salad oil
1/3 c. vinegar
1/3 – ½ c. sugar or Splenda
Dash of salt

Mix dressing ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Reserve until ready to serve salad, then pour over salad and mix well.

Now for my "words of wisdom."
If you split your green onions lengthwise before slicing them, your pieces will be smaller and flavor your salad better.

and
This is the day that the Lord has made. (and He doesn't make any BAD days).

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. Psalm 106:1

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi, Aunt Kay!! So glad to find you have a blog! I love that I can check in on cousins that we haven't seen in MANY years. I see from the pictures you look amazing. I'm so happy for you. Thanks for the recipes. I'm always looking for something new the kids might try! Come check out my blog sometime. So glad I found you! Amy

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.